Get the latest news, features, updates and freebies from Classic Rock delivered to your inbox
Learn more

Robbie Williams announced that he nearly died of mercury poisoning after eating too much fish

The rocker sat down with Radio X recently in an interview discussing the vegan diet he introduced in 2017 Williams switched to a plant-based lifestyle after a routine blood test found dangerously high levels of mercury

“I ate fish twice a day and have the highest level of mercury poisoning the doctor has ever seen,” explained Williams

“Do you know what I was thinking when I heard this? “I won!” He added. “This is how my ego works:“ I have the highest did you say the highest? Thank you, I literally won the Mercury Prize ”

He continued, “I got my mercury tested because my wife is neurotic and she’s getting all kinds of tests all the time. Anyway, thank God I could have died of mercury and arsenic poisoning”

Earlier this month, Robbie Williams announced that he would form a new band with Australian songwriters Tim Metcalfe and Flynn Francis

Williams went on Instagram Live to reveal he’d canceled a “little project” I was doing with a couple of friends of mine, Flynn Francis and Tim Metcalfe, We’re All In Band “

“I put out songs that won’t be released under the Robbie Williams name,” he added

“I’m going to do this thing with my friends. Form a band and I’ll rent a room and put my art in there. During the day it will be a gallery,” he explained. “Then I’ll hang up at night and it will be a musical place what the old people will call a rave ”

In November, Robbie Williams unveiled a coronavirus-inspired Christmas anthem: “Can’t Stop Christmas” That silly little ditty is full of cutting-edge lyrical gems like “Santa is on his sleigh but now he’s two meters away. Hear below

Robbie Williams

World news – AU – Robbie Williams almost died after overdosing on fish, of all things

Source: https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/robbie-williams-mercury-overdose/