Marcus Harris ’16-month wait for a test recall is over The opener is banned to replace the injured Will Pucovski in Australia’s XI for the series winner against India

Harris was dumped after the 2019 Ashes and has been repeatedly overlooked since then. The 28-year-old has been part of Australia’s expanded testing team throughout the current series, which is 1-1 ahead of the gabba decider who starts Friday >

Harris has seen Victoria teammates Pucovski, David Warner, Joe Burns and Matthew Wade open their eyelashes over the past few weeks

But Tim Paine has now confirmed that Harris will open in the fourth Test alongside his left-handed batsman David Warner and has stated that this will be the only change to Australia’s XI

Pucovski failed in the gabba nets on both Wednesday and Thursday The Australian skipper confirmed that he had been excluded from the series finals due to a shoulder injury

“He tried to exercise this morning but didn’t quite show up,” Paine said. “He’s going to have a bit of work with our medics to see where he goes from here. Marcus Harris will come in, open his eyelash and we look forward to seeing what he can do ”

“He scratched his bum on our hub,” he said “He deserved his chance. He’s a really laid back type of character so we definitely enjoy having him in and around our group”

Warner spent nearly an hour on the networks on Thursday Trainer Justin Langer had previously stated that the veteran will return after returning from a groin injury in the SCG test in Brisbane

Australia XI: Marcus Harris, David Warner, Marnus Labuschagne, Steve Smith, Matthew Wade, Cameron Green, Tim Paine, Pat Cummins, Mitchell Starc, seaman Lyon, Josh Hazlewood

Marcus Harris

World news – AU – Marcus Harris replaces the injured Will Pucovski for Australia in the fourth test

Source: https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/jan/14/marcus-harris-replaces-injured-will-pucovski-for-australia-in-fourth-test-against-india