Posted: 04:18 GMT, Dec. March 2021 | Updated: 07:32 GMT, Jan. March 2021

Larissa Wright, 35, developed a nang addiction last year that she’s barely going to run anymore.She wants her story to be a cautionary story

A young hairdresser became paralyzed and lost her business, car, and family ties after developing a crippling addiction to nangs

Larissa Wright, 35, of Canterbury, New Zealand’s South Island, quit drinking six years ago to resume a troubled childhood where she was often surrounded by drugs

But she turned to laughing gas six months ago as she struggled through an abusive relationship, the loss of her father, and unresolved mental health issues

By October 2020, she said she was spending up to $ 380 a day for every 160 cartridges – while telling herself what she was doing was perfectly legal

“I just saw it as bread and milk – I would go to a store and they would have it ready for me,” she told Daily Mail Australia

The young hairdresser was spending up to $ 380 a day on 160 cartridges at the same time at the height of her addiction

Ms. Wright consumes nitrous oxide from a balloon Her recreational use of the gas has left her with less memory and nerve damage

Ms. Wright’s family tried to warn them of the dangers they faced three months after using the drug, but the intervention did not come soon enough

Prolonged exposure to the gas can lead to memory loss and exhaustion of the vital body vitamin B12

“All of January I cut back on how much I was taking, but it was too late,” Ms. Wright said

‘It doesn’t matter if you use 160 canisters a day or one a day, it can still cause brain damage and kill us’

She was born on 29 Admitted to the hospital on January 1st with nerve damage that made it impossible for her to write, jump, run, or walk long distances

She needs a mobility scooter to get around, has difficulty remembering things, and can no longer run her hairdressing business

‘Nitrous oxide kills the B12 – without it our body cannot function properly,’ she said

Ms. Wright can no longer run her hairdressing business; her family tried to warn her of the dangers she faced prior to her hospital episode

‘The hospital did a blood test and found some B12, but it’s like a battery – it was dead’

Ms. Wright is now campaigning for nitrous oxide cans to be banned from stores to prevent others from following her on the same path

“It ruined my life, but I want to try and educate people about nangs because it has become a real problem in the party scene,” she said

Nos, also known as laughing gas or nangs, is a gas called laughing gas that people inhale to get up

The drug is illegal for recreational use but is used by chefs to make whipped cream, making it easy to buy

People who inhale the drug usually do so by filling a balloon with it and inhaling it within a minute or so

The drug can induce feelings of euphoria, laugh or giggle, cause hallucinations, and distort the sounds people hear

Since inhalation essentially replaces the air you breathe with the drug, there is a risk of suffocation. People can also pass out from lack of oxygen

Inhaling nitrous oxide can also cause severe headaches, dizziness, paranoia, or prevent you from thinking clearly

It can also be addictive and, over time, lead to vitamin B12 deficiency, which can cause nerve damage to the hands and feet.Long-term use can also stop the body from producing white blood cells and damage the immune system

Share what you think

The views expressed in the above content are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of MailOnline

We will automatically publish your comment and a link to the message on your Facebook timeline while it is published on MailOnline.To do this, we will link your MailOnline account to your Facebook account.We ask you to confirm this for your first post on Facebook

You can choose for each post whether it should be published on Facebook. Your data will be used by Facebook to provide you with tailored content, marketing and advertisements in accordance with our privacy policy

Daily Mail uk

World news – AU – How nang habit left Canterbury, New Zealand woman paralyzed

Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9340797/Tragic-story-nang-habit-left-Canterbury-New-Zealand-woman-paralysed.html