Kayla Goodfield
Multi-platform author, CTV News Toronto

@ KaylaGoodfield
Contact

TORONTO –
Convicted drunk driver Marco Muzzo is expected to apply for full parole at a virtual hearing held today

Muzzo, who was responsible for a 2015 Vaughan in Ont a crash that killed three young children and their grandfather, was granted probation for an additional six months late last year, and was granted parole for the first time in April 2020

The Parole Board of Canada ordered that a hearing be scheduled to consider Muzzo’s full parole in its November 2020 decision

At the time of the fatal crash, Muzzo was driving home from Toronto Pearson International Airport. He had just flown in from Miami, where he was celebrating his bachelorette party

Nine-year-old Daniel Neville-Lake, five-year-old Harrison Neville-Lake, two-year-old Milly Neville-Lake and 65-year-old Gary Neville died in the collision. The children’s 64-year-old grandmother and 91-year-old great-grandmother were also seriously injured when Muzzo sped through a stop sign in his Jeep Cherokee and crashed into the family minivan

According to an agreed-upon fact sheet read in court, a police officer called on-site said Muzzo had shiny eyes, smelled of alcohol and urinated himself

A toxicologist found that Muzzo at the wheel was about three times the legal limit for alcohol consumption

Muzzo pleaded guilty to four cases of driving disorder that resulted in death and two cases of driving disorder that resulted in personal injury.In March 2016, he was sentenced to 10 years in prison and a 12-year driving ban

Muzzo was released from a minimum security prison in May 2020 and has since lived in a community facility on condition that he does not go to Brampton, King City and Aurora, where the victims’ family resides and visits frequently, and he also needs to meet with a psychologist to resolve substance abuse and reintegration issues, avoid drinking opportunities, and refrain from consuming alcohol

The parole board found in their latest report that Muzzo has not violated any of his conditions since his release and is “actively” involved in his corrective plan

After receiving parole for the first time, Muzzo said he would always “take full responsibility” for the damage he caused

“I would like to apologize to the Neville-Lake, Neville and Frias families for the terrible pain I caused them and their loved ones,” he said in a statement. “I have ruined their lives and I take full responsibility for what i have done i will always “

“I was careless and irresponsible when I decided to drink and drive there is no way I can undo the damage I have caused”

Jennifer Neville-Lake, the children’s mother, previously stated that it was unfair for Muzzo to move around in society before serving his full 10-year sentence.She has also stated that she does not believe Muzzo fully accepts did what he did

On Friday, she tweeted, “Yes, that’s right, another full parole hearing will be held on February 9”

“The 15th My son Daniel’s birthday was two days ago. Today I spent the day preparing for parole. No matter what the result, my father, Daniel, Harry or Milly will not be able to come home, ”she wrote

Marco Muzzo, right, arrives at the courthouse with his family for his trial in Newmarket, Ontam 23 February 2016 THE CANADIAN PRESS / Nathan Denette

Marco Muzzo

World news – CA – The drunk driver Marco Muzzo wants to apply for full probation at the virtual hearing today

Source: https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/drunk-driver-marco-muzzo-to-seek-full-parole-at-virtual-hearing-today-1.5301289